Newsletter Sign Up
Fig & Goat Cheese NestReport Violation
Other InfoCourse: Appetizers
Cuisine: North American
1 - 20oz Simply Potatoes Hashbrowns
1 lg. egg, beaten
6 to 8 bacon slices, diced
3 C spinach, chopped
1/2 C Goat Cheese, softened
1/2 C Fig Preserves
1 Tbsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine hashbrowns, beaten egg, salt and pepper. Stir until potatoes are well coated with the egg.
- Spray (2) 24 muffin pans with non-stick spray.
- Spoon in approximately 1 Tbsp. of hasbrown mixture into each muffin cup, pressing gently, the bottom and up the sides of the cup.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until browned and they start to pull away from muffin cups.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in saute pan, cook diced bacon until lightly crisped. Remove bacon and set aside. Disguard all but 2 Tbsp. of bacon fat.
- In same saute pan, add chopped spinach to bacon fat and saute over med. high heat until spinach is wilted. Remove spinach from pan and set aside.
- Begin to assemble nests by adding 1/4 tsp. of fig preserves in the bottom of hasbrown nests.
- Next, top with approximately 1/4 tsp. of cooked spinach, then 1/4 tsp. of goat cheese.
- Top the goat cheese with another 1/4 tsp. of fig preserves and sprinkle a little bacon on top.
- Continue layering process to each hasbrown nest.
When all nests are filled, place on baking sheet and return to preheated 400 degree oven for 2-3 minutes or just until hot. Remove from oven and serve.
Yields: 40-48 mini nests.